Saturday, June 6, 2015

Okay, definitely need to add blogging to my calendar...

Woooooowww....

It's been about 2-3 weeks since I was on here!  So sorry!  Life got busy!

I have a few crafts/projects I'm working on right now, in between laundry and cleaning today. Saturday is my only day off on the weekend.  I have one day off midweek, but this week it was devoted to catching up on sleep, reading and relaxing some, getting my monthly set of nails done, and doing trivia with a friend at a restaurant/alehouse, as she moves over an hour away at the end of July.

First, I'm trying to repaint eyes for my Josefina (who will inevitably get a new name when I am done...), which is a first, and it's been a learning experience.  I think she is either getting light green or purple eyes... just depends on if I can get all the color out of the old set.  If I can't, they will definitely be green/hazel.  I just felt like she was monochromatic, you know?


BTW, the eyes were fine before I used acetone to remove the color... I just have to repaint the whites.  And this doll's hair was fixed and straightened a week or two ago.... it was a need-to-trim as it was desperately uneven wig...


 And I need to figure out how to fade a spot on a second Elizabeth that I got a bit ago, it's on her chin.  She also may need a new wig, as I think she is going to turn into Linnea's twin.

(A bit on Linnea - she is my mini-me.  I saw her, and had to have her back in March.  She is DEFINITELY not the Elizabeth I grew up with - that one with Felicity had brown hair, at least in all the books.  So, Techguy said it looked like I finally got one who looked like me, and it stuck.  Linnea is my grams' mom's name - long story about why she isn't my great grandma, lol. And I had always thought it might be a neat name if I ever had kids... But now my dolls will just get the names I wanted for them. [I have always considered myself a bit too selfish for kids anyways...] Linnea became little me, and has a lot of my quirks.  I still haven't decided if I like her wig or if she's getting a new one, or she would be up on my doll page.  And I always wished I'd had a twin... so she is getting a twin!)

Second, I am trying to figure out how to sew, lol.  I can do basic hems and such, but I've never successfully made doll clothes sewing.  And I seem to have lost my knack that I had for looking at a picture and crocheting a replica of it for my girls, that I had when I was a teenager.  I have downloaded several PixieFaire patterns... and they always come out too small.  May be that my seams are too wide, or that my dolls are mostly PC, and they may be made for American Girl smaller bodies.  But I am determined to figure it out.


My sewing half of the room.
{From L to R: Linnea in black and red, Vivienne lying down, my two new dolls I will detail next, a wigless Julie, my messed up eye Felicity, and Josefina's headless body.}


Okay, onto my latest (and last for a while) acquisitions: I got a Marie Grace from a woman in one of the AG groups on Facebook for a really decent prince!  She isn't getting customized just yet... because I love her the way she is for now.  She needs to be restrung (her legs more than her arms... but I find that for most of the dolls I get).  But I LOVE her sweet face and her gorgeous eyes!  I can't wait to figure her out and introduce her to everyone!  Also, got a good deal on EBay for a JLY 40! I got a Jess mold!!!!!  (Nope, not excited in the least!)  I've wanted one for a while, as Jaelin was getting lonely being the only part Asian girl. (TechGuy decided she looked Asian, even though she is a JLY 25... she'd had a bit of a haircut before I got her, and he told me she just looked Asian to him.  So if I ever write out her background... or if she ever decides on telling her story... which she probably will at some point, you'll find out!) And now, her "cousin" or "sister" (not sure yet... some kids with different nationality parents don't always look alike, I know) has joined us, once I have restrung her as well.


Marie Grace.  The JLY #40, and Jaelin from an earlier shoot a month ago.
 See,40 and Jaelin do look alike... will have to take pics of them together when I figure out if she's keeping that hair or getting a new color or length wig!


My eventual goal is to have a dollhouse or a set of doll rooms so my dolls don't have to be on a shelf (on my craft table is fine if they are a WIP doll).  Also, at this point, this is the only space I have for them, so I can't get furniture, or anything that doesn't fit there.  Their clothes are in a huge rubbermaid bin that isn't full yet, and I also, in a dream world, want to be able to display my decent sized Stitch collection (from Lilo and Stitch), as I LOVE Stitch!!  I'm hoping to be able to display it on top.  Right now, our room is small, and we have to get our oldest boy into a different bedroom (that is being built) so that we can have his room (bigger than ours) and use the room we are in as a construction room for what will eventually be the Attic Master Suite.  That's where I'd like my dollhouse eventually.  We'll see.


The shelf above my crafting area... poor girls.  Also, I'm horrible about changing their clothes, I don't have many summer outfits...
{L to R: A doll my BFF's mom gave me from her childhood - over 50 years old.  Alanna (Marisol), Iris (Not sure if she's getting a new wig - AG #2, Vera (GOTY Lindsey), Dahlia (Julie), Jaelin (JLY #25), Kendalyn (Rewigged GOTY Grace), Kaya, and Molly.}


Other than that... I don't have anything to review for you, but I will try to take pics of the projects as I go.  We will see if I remember to, as I get a little scatterbrained at times.  Not too long a post today (If I could figure out how to post from my phone, might post a bit more often), but Jaelin is looking over my shoulder, begging to get to post too, as well as telling me that I need to change doll clothes, go try to sew, and take some more pics of her and her friends today!  She is anxiously waiting to find out about her new family member too... so I will leave you to it for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment