Saturday, May 16, 2015

Saturday happenings

Wow.... so apparently I will only be blogging on days off, it appears. I drive 45 minutes one way to work, and between that and things that need to be done around the house, I don't seem to find time to blog more than once a week right now (twice if you count Jaelin's blog, as she just reminded me). So I'm sorry, but bear with me, lol.

I had a blast last Friday! One of the groups I am a part of on Facebook, American Girl before and after, did an Oscars Friday!! I couldn't participate, partly because I don't have or haven't made any fancy dresses, and partly because I was working all day (10:30-8pm). But I had so much fun reading the "Drama at the Oscars" and seeing all the beautiful designs. These people are all so nice, and they inspire me to learn more about sewing. I need to go do some of that today.

Also, AGBAA has some amazing tutorials. I just restrung my old GT2 (her body was so big that she didn't fit any of the clothes I have, she was big even when I'd gotten her. I told TechGuy she was getting a tummy tuck... he just shook his head at me) based off their tutorial... and I have to say, it was so much easier than I anticipated! I am hoping to get up the nerve to repaint some eyes (perhaps one of the dolls I have listed below...) because, while I don't mind doing eyeswaps, I tried to remove an eye disk from a tlc Kit... and destroyed the eye instead. The only driving motivator for me is that I watch to make some galaxy eyes like one of the women on the AGBAA group did. So we may try again next week.

Another big event this week: I sold my pre-mattel Kit, to get 2 dolls! Someone was looking for a Pre-Mattel PC Kit with full meet attire, and the only thing I didn't have was her compass necklace. I feel like it went well, as I was not only able to make a little girl happy, but I was able to buy Josefina and another Elizabeth off Ebay, and only had to spend about $15-20 of my own money! (The only thing I'm not sure about is Josefina's wig... it looks an awful lot like Kaya's with the short hair in the back for braid separation... but for $50 including shipping... I think I can either live with that or get a new wig.) Linnea is getting a twin sister, who will be revealed hopefully around the same time as Josefina. Just saving up the tip money for her wig!

Something is clearly up with this Elizabeth's eye.  Going to have to see if I can fix it.

I am both loving and hating where they took Once Upon a Time! SPOILERS!! I loved the author, Isaac, trying to break the rules, since we got to see everyone in reverse, the heroes as villians, and the villians as heroes. I love that once again, "True Love" wasn't just between a man and a woman romantically. Once is really good about emphasis on family. However, I definitely wasn't expecting the lead-in to Season 5!

(TechGuy has ruined me for good.  Used to be that when a mushy moment came on in a movie, something ridiculously romantic, I'd make fun of it.  Now, during Once, Emma needed to find the nerve to say she loved Hook, and couldn't do it... and I was mad at her for not being able to.  He has ruined me, I tell you!)

I was going to review some of Agents of Shield, but Jaelin is telling me that I need to let her interview Alanna after she gets back from the doll hospital this week, and has a chance to catch up on the Season. Alanna is our resident Action Movie and Comic Book Buff.  She loves anything having to do with either of those, and she dreams of being a stunt double... but more on that once I get her profile up!  Alanna (Marisol) and Linnea (Elizabeth #1) were taken by me and the dachshund to the AGP DC store the end of March... but due to the backup, we just got a call on them Thursday night. I had them replace Alanna's head (her unattached weft piece was definitely getting caught in my brush), but decided that I would just rather get Linnea a new wig with her twin, so that they match... kinda. More on the two of them when I get everyone settled this week.

I also have a veggie garden to try to get planted today, in addition to sewing and laundry, so I think I will leave this as is for now, and will try to write another post (or edit one of Jaelin's) soon. Have a great Saturday!

P.S. I was trying to come up with some cute names for my Lindsey, who has informed me that, while that may have been the name she was created under, she wants a name that would have been popular from the 1920s. I think we have it, though she is sitting her laughing at me, telling me that just because I am obsessed with Firefly, that wasn't her reason for going with the name we did. I disagree. Oh well... onto more doll profiles for you guys, hope to get them up today!  Maybe even some more pics too! Here's a pic of her and Iris to hold you guys over..,

No comments:

Post a Comment