Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Last week... WARNING, scary doll head at bottom of post... sorry

So, I didn't do so well on any updates beyond my doll stuff... which I suppose is what this blog is about too.

I got my MAG #55 in the mail last night!  So excited!  She is exactly what I wanted.  I've decided she is a southern belle, most likely from Georgia, (like Dahlia and Savannah are... hey, I'm from the south, it's to be expected) and she's probably going to turn into my girliest doll, I can see it now.  She reminds me of an old soul misplaced in time.  I can see her being into rich dark reds though too.

Here she is!

 



And then some not so wonderful news... I removed Josefina's eyes and repainted them (which was definitely not easy...). Went to put them back in last night... had a horrific time that ended with my frustrated, with one of the eyes scratched, both eyes sticking, and TechGuy trying to calm down my upset.  Poor guy.

WARNING!  Scary pictures below, I'm SORRY, but I wanted to share why it is that I shouldn't replace eyes.


The eyes I repainted, this is after my 3rd unsuccessful attempt last night.  The head right before I pulled them out to show the color and give up for the night.

But, several of the gals in my favorite FB group encouraged me a LOT last night, when I was really upset, and the one who I bought #61's eyes from, is sending me a "practice" pair, to work with until I understand how to put eyes in.  She says she can do it with arthritis in her hands, so I should be able to.  I need to watch some of the videos and see if I can learn from there.  I have a pair of Grace's eyes that need a head, but I'm chicken right now.  I wish I hadn't messed up the purple eyes, I loved how they came out, and Josefina would have looked wonderful with them. I have been told I can buff out the scratches I created, we will see.  I hope so.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry about your doll eye swap issues. I read all about eye swaps on AG Playthings, watched several YouTube tutorials, and couldn't wait to try it. Then I did my first swap. :{ After one semi-successful swap, I decided that was something I didn't need to do again. It's so hard to get the eyes back in, and the eyes can be so easily damaged. :( I wish you the best in figuring it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, since she is empty of eyes, and is a good doll otherwise, I do have to try to put them back in. And at some point, I will. She's going to be my little edgy/steampunky/little goth girl, she has informed me. She will be a work in progress, because I do want her to have purple eyes. Thanks for the wishes. (and the explanation of how to promote my blog on your FB page!)

      Delete