Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Random Wednesday thoughts!

Guess what I did Saturday!  I learned to use a table saw, band saw, and am on my way to crafting doll furniture.  A (hopefully plushy) chair and loveseat for my non-existant doll house!  (That, should I find I enjoy this as much as I am now, may be on my building agenda!!)



I had a blast playing with the tools, and while it wasn't easy figuring out measurements... it's going to be exciting to have real furniture.  I dressed Alanna in "lounging clothes" that I didn't mind a bit of sawdust on, and brought her out with me, as TechGuy said I was going to need a doll for measurements.  I had fun posing her, though I didn't dare get her too close to the saws... I suppose I could when they're off.



I'm going to do a review of the adorable outfits I got from Dora on facebook.  I thought they were dresses, and was pleasantly surprised to find shirts and skirts.  Double swaping power!  Post coming next!

Other than that... nothing new right now.  I am a bit addicted to ebay shopping right now, need to break that.  But they have some awesome doll clothes for pretty cheap.  I got a "lot" of clothing that included shorts and Jess's halter top, as well as pjs, which will be perfect for vacation!  2 weeks from now, I will be in the Outer Banks with my guy, his parents' huge RV, and two dolls, exploring the sites and relaxing, which is much needed.  The dolls going with me are going to have a small collection of clothes by the time we go... and my bank account will have a bit of a deficit... especially when we drive back up.  TechGuy has said that we can go to the DC AG store! Yep, I'm going to be a kid in a candy shoppe!

My friend at work, Z, was telling me about the Baltimore Sci Fi Society... and that he just submitted a 4K word story for a contest they had... I am thinking that, while the contest is over,  I may find out more about them, they sounded right up my alley!  It was just Z and I last night, and we both love Sci-Fi and Fantasy stuff, and while he doesn't understand my doll likes, he understands giving them voices and learning to write with each voice.  It's a good exercise.  We talked about Dragon Riders of Pern (I used to participate in an online fan world, about 10-12 years ago), the book we're reading now, Hounded by Kevin Hearne, and the short story Z wrote for the contest.  I really enjoy working with him, we have a lot in common, and he's not afraid to open up and be nerdy with me.  I'm going to be losing him in a few weeks, as he got a new job at a vet as a vet tech... so sad.

I just cleaned up my sewing area in an attempt to find my magic erasers... I tried to paint eyelashes on my Alanna... I don't know that I'm too fond of them.  I want to redo them... but I can't find my erasers.  I think I may try the curled lashes tutorial on AGBAA for her too... maybe I'd like the lashes then.  We'll see.



Jaelin finally got her sister!  Meet Michiko (Mika). I will have her profile up when we get on vacation, and I have some downtime... I think today is my last "day" of downtime between now and the 4th, as every other day is going to be running until the trip.



And last but not least, one of my two green cheek conures, Yvaine, posing Monday night.



There's my random Wednesday post... check back in later on for more updates and my review!  Off to shower and head over to N's house for girls' night, homemade sushi, and her introduction to Pitch Perfect!!

P.S.  This is the newest crochet pattern on the horizon... after my non-doll projects are done and delivered.


No comments:

Post a Comment